Fun Fall Events in West Michigan
Photo by ToddAndBradReed.com
September & October 2013Autumn is such a great season here in West Michigan. You can visit a multitude of festivals, take a fall color tour to view the spectacular oranges, reds and yellows that take over the landscape, and just enjoy the cool, crisp air. Halloween is not just for kids....our local communities sponsor various parties and events that are fun for the entire family. Click here to find more information on Halloween here in West Michigan.
Below are some of the events from 2012. Details for the 2013 events will be posted when they become available.
LOCAL CORN MAZES & PUMPKIN PATCHES
Lewis Farm Market, 4180 W. M-20, New Era. (231) 861-5730. Open Mon-Sat 9am-6pm, Sundays 10am-5pm, with extended hours in October. General admission is $2 per person.
Corn Maze opens in early September with other fall activities in full swing by mid-September. Featuring The Apple Express, Barrel Train, Pumpkin Moon Walk, jumping pillow, and pedal carts. U-pick apples and pumpkins for additional charge. Special music is performed some weekends. Visit LewisFarmMarket.com for more information.
Major Produce & Pumpkin Patch, 9476 N. 120th Ave., Hart. (231) 873-5281. Open the 2nd and 3rd weekends of October, Saturday 10am-5pm, Sunday 1-5pm.
Offering Hay Rides, Haunted Hall, Game Bundle, plus pumpkin carving and painting. Also good food available, including sloppy joes, beefy nachos, hot dogs, brats, caramel apples, pumpkin & apple pie squares, popcorn, and beverages.
- Scarecrow Contest, Mason County District Library.
- Scarecrows on Parade Contest, all through October.
- Fall History in Action Days, Historic White Pine Village.
- Oktoberfest, downtown Ludington.
- Autumn Days, Historic White Pine Village.
- Haunted Mini Golf, Ludington Area Jaycees Mini Golf Course.
- Pumpkin Party, Mason County District Library.
- Halloween Trunk or Treat, Ludington Area Jaycees Mini Golf Course.
- Manistee's Ghost Ship on the S.S. City of Milwaukee historic carferry, is open every Friday and Saturday in October. This is a truly thrilling and scary adventure. Travel through five decks and 72 stairs, some quite steep. For more information, visit Carferry.com or call (231) 723-3587. Located at 99 Arthur Street (US 31).
- Scary Story Contest, Manistee County Library.
- Home Decorating Contest, Manistee County.
- West Michigan Juried Art Show, Hardy Hall in the Ramsdell Complex.
- Douglas Valley Fall Festival, Douglas Valley Drive.
- Haunted Library Tour, Manistee County Library.
- Haunted Factory, Manistee PBX.
- Crystal Mountain Haunted Forest, Thompsonville.
- Cemetery Walk, Oak Grove Cemetery, Manistee.
- Kids' Halloween Party, Manistee County Library.
- Fear Forest, Filer Township Rec Center.
- Boos, Brews & Brats, downtown Manistee.
- Spooky Astronomy, The Bookstore, Manistee.
- Halloween Fun for Young and Old, Hardy Hall in the Ramsdell Complex.
- Hallow-Scream Party, Eagles Club, Manistee.
- Filer Charter Township Halloween Parade, Filer Township.
ONEKAMA, ARCADIA, BEAR LAKE, BRETHREN
- Arcadia Scarecrows, M-22 & Lake Street.
- Scarecrow Harvest, Bear Lake.
- Onekama Scarecrows, along M22.
- Bear Lake 31 Cider Run, Bear Lake.
- Fall Family Fun Fest, Brethren Heritage Museum.
- Onekama Fall Festival, Onekama Village Park. Craft and food vendors and children's activities.
- Pumpkins & Haystacks Fall Festival, Pleasant Valley Community Center, Arcadia.
For more information on Manistee County events, go to Macabre Manistee County
Fall in West Michigan...
Current West Michigan Events...
Upcoming Events in West Michigan...
For more activities & attractions, check out these additional links for Things to Do in West Michigan:
Ludington Activities & Things to Do -- Take a tour at Historic White Pine Village or Amber Elk Ranch--Ludington offers many fun things to do for the entire family!
Have Fun in Manistee, Michigan -- Explore Manistee's historic downtown district and riverwalk, hike the Manistee National Forest, canoe on the Manistee River, and more.
Hamlin Lake -- Just 4 miles north of Ludington, Hamlin Lake is a great destination for boating, fishing and climbing dunes! The Hamlin Lake shoreline is also part of the Ludington State Park.
Silver Lake Sand Dunes -- Visiting the Silver Lake Sand Dunes makes for a terrific vacation because you can take your off-road vehicle for a spin on the scenic sand dunes overlooking Lake Michigan and Silver Lake.
Things to Do in Pentwater, Michigan -- Nothing is quite like the quaint, artsy, harbortown village of Pentwater. Don't miss the popular Charles Mears State Park beach on Pentwater's Lake Michigan shoreline.
Lots of Activities in Scottville, Michigan -- Explore the Riverside Park along the National Scenic Pere Marquette River.
Canoeing or Fishing on the Pere Marquette River -- Many boat liveries offer canoe rentals.
Also, check out West Michigan Guides and our locally produced West Michigan Business Directory for our largest lists of Things to Do in West Michigan.